Too often parents who do not have emergency caregivers must make unsafe choices for the care of their children with potentially devastating consequences.
We can help. If you are - or know - a parent who has a child under the age of 10, we can provide safe, nurturing, short term care for their children while working with parents to engage support services focused on wellness, safety and stability for the long-term well-being of their family.
Families with children newborn through ten years old may be referred for a placement in our crisis nursery for the following issues:
- Child at risk for neglect
- Child at risk for abuse
- Homeless - evicted, doubled up, living in a shelter
- Unsafe living conditions, including no utilities
- Domestic Violence
- Community Violence
- Parent or guardian Mental Health treatment (inpatient or outpatient)
- Parent or guardian Medical treatment (inpatient, outpatient or home recovery)
- Parent or guardian Drug or Alcohol treatment (inpatient or outpatient)
- Developmental Disability crisis respite
- Adoption Plan
- Parent or guardian Short term incarceration in limited circumstances
If you or a family you know need our help, please complete the placement inquiry form and fax it to Providence House (216) 651-0112 Attention: Crisis Nursery Coordinator or call 216-651-5982 (option 7 after 5pm) to speak directly with someone who can help.