High School Student Service Project
A three day service learning program is open to Junior and Senior High School students who wish to experience the many facets of working in a non-profit organization. Students engage in a series of activities in every department of the agency. The program begins at 10am and ends at 4pm each day, and transportation to and from Providence House is required.
Highlights of the program include:
- An in-depth orientation of Providence House programming and services
- Serving a meal to the children each day (Please note that interaction with the children will not extend beyond this activity)
- Researching grant and funding opportunities for the agency
- Developing educational activities for the children to be administered by our professional childcare staff
- Assisting External Relations department with mailings, event preparation, and other projects as necessary
- Working with Campus Manager on facility-related projects, such as inventory work
For information regarding our student service program, please contact us.