Community Engagement Coordinator
Are you interested in giving back to the Greater Cleveland community? If you firmly believe in the Providence House mission of protecting at-risk children and supporting families through crisis, strengthening communities to end child abuse and neglect, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Providence House is seeking a self-starter with exceptional communication skills and an enthusiasm for sharing our mission to join its team as a Community Engagement Coordinator.
This position is responsible for assisting with planning and implementation of donor, volunteer, and community engagement programs and guides engagement activities across the organization. The Community Engagement Coordinator will serve as the initial point of contact for all individuals interested in volunteer opportunities and ensure donors, visitors, and volunteers have a positive, engaging experience. The successful candidate excels at communicating effectively and coordinating community engagement opportunities that align with the organization's mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate corporate, community, and individual opportunities for volunteering and engagement.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers to assist with special events and other activities aligning with the agency’s opportunities for volunteer engagement.
- Communicate with volunteer network for full life cycle of engagement, from initial inquiry to designation of duties to conclusion and acknowledgement of engagement with PH.
- Prepare content for blogs, social media, and publications describing past events, profiling volunteers, and highlighting upcoming opportunities.
- Track program performance through collection of data on rates of participation, satisfaction of participants, effectiveness of marketing and outreach activities, and other measurable impacts.
- Participate in outreach efforts and as a representative of the organization at conferences, meetings, speaking engagements, and external events, as assigned.
- Assist with execution of Providence House internal and external events.
Required Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related experience
- Community relations and/or nonprofit experience preferred
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting to diverse audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Possesses good time management, self-motivation, and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel in the local community for meetings and events as assigned
- Must be able to accommodate weekend and evening responsibilities
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm with some weekend and evening responsibilities required. The salary range for this position is $28,000 - $33,000 commensurate with experience.
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off (PTO) and quarterly self care days to help promote a healthy work-life balance. We also offer medical, dental, and vision benefits, a 403(b) investment plan, and company-sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance, and a small life insurance policy. By empowering our team, we help to better support the families we serve and together strengthen communities for every child.
Want to join our team? Please apply by completing and uploading the application below as well as a cover letter and resume.