Posted April 10, 2013 in Press Releases
CLEVELAND—April is National Child Abuse Prevention Awareness month, and Providence House, a non-profit crisis nursery providing emergency shelter and services to children at risk of abuse and neglect, invites the community to get involved by participating in a month of events.
“We need the community’s help,” said Natalie Leek-Nelson, CEO and President of Providence House. “April is an important time for us to mobilize everyone to do their part in the fight against abuse and neglect.”
This year, Providence House is stepping up its efforts with the “Every Child is Your Child” awareness campaign. “Every Child is Your Child” is the message that captures the Providence House mission. Beginning April 1st, vibrant banners, surrounding the RTA concourse at Tower City Center, will introduce the community to the children of Providence House. People will be encouraged to visit the Providence House website (provhouse.org/everychild) to learn more about their compelling stories.
Providence House will also be hosting the following events during Child Abuse Prevention Month:
“Every Child” Annual Luncheon – April 16th:
- 32nd annual spring luncheon at Renaissance Cleveland Hotel hosted by Trustee Karen Dolan
- Doors open at 11:30 a.m., lunch begins at noon
- For information or tickets call 216-651-5982 or visit provhouse.org
- Hear recent successes and exciting announcements about the future
City2City 5k Child Abuse Prevention Run for Every Child– April 28th:
- 6th Annual City2City 5K Child Abuse Prevention Run on Sunday, April 28th
- Run begins at 9:00 a.m. at Tower City, travels through historic Ohio City past the Providence House campus, and ends at Tower City
- Register at hermescleveland.com or day of at 8:00 a.m.
- All proceeds support every child at Providence House
# # #
About Providence House:
Providence House – Ohio’s first Crisis Nursery - has cared for over 6,500 families and children in crisis, living for days, weeks, or years without the support they need to help get them back on their feet. To provide the support so desperately needed by these children and their caregivers, Providence House has built a holistic, integrated program focused on both child abuse prevention and family preservation. Their unique Crisis Nursery Program is a comprehensive, crisis nursery service based on 32 years of experience, the latest child welfare research, and proven evidence-based programs and practices that can help prevent child abuse and neglect, reduce system involvement and foster care placements, and strengthen fragile families. Visit provhouse.org for more information.
Editor’s note: Media interviews and photo opportunities are available - see list below:
- Every Child is Your Child Awareness Campaign: April 1st- May 15th , Tower City Center
- Annual Spring Luncheon: April 16th , 11:30am - 1:30 p.m., Renaissance Cleveland Hotel Grand Ballroom
- City2City 5K Run Start – April 28 th 9:00 a.m., Outside Tower City (Huron Road)
Providence House Partners in Prevention
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc.
Community West Foundation
Forest City Enterprises
Ohio Savings Bank
Prevent Child Abuse America
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
Strategy Design Partners
The Albert M. Higley Co.
The Ritz Carlton
Tower City Center